Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My first blog

Today I set up my first blog. So far I would have to say the hardest part of this is coming up with a name...sounds crazy coming from an artist. We are supposed to be "creative". One of the hardest things for me to do is come up with a compostition for a painting. I lay at night in a semi sleep and creative ideas flood my brain. It is like I have so many thoughts and ideas to put down on canvas but they refuse to come out in my conscience state. It is like a giant roadblock or plug that is holding every thing in. On top of being frustrated sometimes I feel lost. After a long night painting in my dreams I was ready to try and recreate my nighttime paintings. I took a small canvas and started to "scribble" with acryllic. The painting turned into a woman holding her hand out. I feel like I need to paint something that describes the feelings of a mother whose children are at war. I need to put my fears down somehow on canvas and that is where I come to now. How do I express myself with paint.

No comments: